Water World
I liked February, it was a nice month. Good weather in Arizona, not too many days, it had Valentine’s Day, which was annoying, but other than that, a pretty good group of days. I now hate February. Why this sudden change of heart? It appears that all of Peru has decided to celebrate the “carnivales" of which I’m still not entirely sure what they are celebrating but the manner in which they celebrate it is very clear. They chuck water balloons at people. Or sometimes buckets of water. Or I hear sometimes colored water or other fluid like substances which can be put inside balloons. And if this weren’t obvious, the gringa is a prime target. Um, who does that?? This is absolutely ridiculous. If anyone would like to send me some rain pants that would be awfully thoughtful of you. It’s really annoying to have to don a rain jacket on a hot and sunny afternoon for fear of incoming water at your head / behind / anywhere. And according to people in general, it gets worse on Sundays. So, I’ve decided to stay in on Sundays. So far it’s been a marvelous idea so I’m planning on continuing it next Sunday as well. I shall tell people that if they need me they can trek over to my house their Peruvian selves.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home