In the AZ...

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Llakiykaa

Hey everyone,
This is my last day in Huaraz. . . for a week. I'm going back here next Sunday to board the bus to Trujillo. This is where our reconnect is and everyone from Peru 8 is getting together and hanging out at the beach! woohoo! And we have to present our community diagnostic and everything we've done in the last few months. Boo.
We have to take the overnight bus because that's the only option. So we shall be winding our way through the Andes mountains not only trying not to be nauseous but also trying to sleep.
We just finished class yesterday for Quechua so we got our little certificates and us students bought the professors a cake which was specially made for us by our friendly neighborhood baker. It said, "Alaapa Allim!" and had all of our names on it. (That means really good, which perhaps is not the most relevant phrase we could think of but it was short and the cake wasn't that big.) Anyway, it was quite delicious.
That night we found an amazing thing. There is a mexican restaurant in Huaraz! That being said, it was crazy expensive. But, I reiterate there is a mexican restaurant in Huaraz. I had vegetarian fajitas and we had nachos for an appetizer (it was ten soles... this very very expensive.. we got ten chips with salsa... extraordinarily wonderful chips...but ten chips nonetheless....not ordering that again...just for the record) and then to drink I had a caparinha! If you know what that is that you know how exciting this occurrence is.
Ok, I hope everyone reading this is doing wonderfully well and I'll update this in a week or so if I can with lots of fun stories and adventures of a week at site and a beach trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home