"Everything is relative" ... As demonstrated by Peru
Today’s lesson entails Creative Problem-Solving: Often it is necessary to come at the problem from a different or unique perspective in order to solve a misunderstanding.
Example:
A conversation I had today with my counterpart (on the phone):
Me: “Hey, I have the paperwork all done, when do you want me to come over?”
Him: “At one, I’m going to lunch.”
[I look at clock, it says 12:57pm]
Me: “It is one o’clock… Should I come over now?”
Him: “No it’s not.”
Me: “Are you sure?”
Him: “Yes, it’s not one o’clock yet.”
[I look at the clock again. 12:58pm. I decide to go for a different strategy…]
Me: “Oh, well, how many minutes until one o’clock?”
Him: “Thirty.”
Me: “Ok, cool. See you in thirty minutes.”
When I got to the office (at 1:30pm) I sneak a peek at his watch to confirm that it was 30 minutes slow… It was 15 minutes fast.
This concludes today’s lesson.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home