In the AZ...

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Sleeping Inca 3

Oh, Jesse, such a great kid but such a little complainer on the hike! We had to ask a nice couple up in the campo if she could ride their donkey for a little while...

Alright guys, pay attention: large peak on the left is Cayesh (18,769 ft.), snowy peak on the right is Chinchey (20,413 ft.), and tiny peak just to the right of Chinchey is Tullparaju (18,986 ft.).

Somebody decided it would be a good idea to stack stone towers on top of the belly of Sr. Inca. I would be annoyed if I took an nap and someone built pebble piles on my stomach...


Aaah! Mom, don't look at this picture!



This mountain peak is not named on my awesome Conchucos resource of mountain peaks. I think it is Rurec (18,700 ft.) but, really, I'm not sure.




Just a little hike from site, and all the plant life changes!



To the left (kind of cut out) is San Juan (19,160 ft.). You can see the other side of San Juan in my blog pictures from my recent trip to Lake Shallap! The not so snowy peak to the right is Maparaju (17,473 ft.) and the large peak on the right is Cayesh again.

The monster of the bunch, Huantsán (20,980 ft.) and just to the right, the north peak of Huantsán (20,045 ft.).

Chinchey and Tullparaju again, over by the Quebrada Rurec.

The valley from whence we came...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home