No Cell Service
I climbed the hill by San Marcos (Shayhua) this afternoon for no particular reason. When I got to the top, there were three men standing around a fallen telephone pole with clipboards. They were kind of surprised to see me. Seeing as I had just spent thirty minutes scrambling up an almost vertical wheat field (I had gotten a little lost) I’m pretty sure not many people arrive to the top from that direction.
Anyway, seeing as these men obviously worked for the cell phone company, or at least owned clip boards, and I was a cell phone owner who had no service, I asked, “So, this is why there’s no service?”
“Yep, the pole fell over; someone set fire to this part.”
“Are you sure it wasn’t lightening?”
“Nope, it was a person.”
“Oh….so… when are you going to fix it?”
“Tomorrow.”
Well, that’s scary and annoying. Anyway, I went down to the cross, had a delightful reflection time with me, myself, and some Scooby-Doo gummy snacks that the missionaries gave me yesterday. A half an hour later I passed by the pole again on my way down. The men had left and the wooden pole was still on fire. Hmm, I’m not gonna hold my breath for the “tomorrow” diagnosis.
**Follow up note: I left San Marcos on the 25th for Lima and still no cell phone service.**
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home