In the AZ...

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Just another day...

Hey everyone,
sorry I haven´t written in a while, I´m planning on some detailed entries about my first couple of days in site soon..

Just thought I would say what I´ve been doing for the past twenty-four hours..

Yesterday afternoon I was going to meet with a girl who is going to teach me Quechua but when I got there at three, there was a message that she had gone to Huaraz, tomorrow? Ok, that´s fine, I went to the internet to wait until five when I was going to play volleyball with the health post... but there were a lot of patients there so I waited for an hour and then they told me that there were too many and they weren´t playing that day. Ok, so I went home, had missed dinner so I ate some leftovers.

This morning Tsutsuy and I went to the health post at five to nine for the nine o´clock meeting of everyone in the health post. They told us it would start at 9:30. So we waited and they started (signaled by people starting to trickle away, not anyone telling us they were starting) at 10:15am. They talked and argued about finances until about 11:30 or so and we got up to present ourselves a little later. The meeting ended at 12:30pm. I ran home to tell my family I wouldn´t be there for lunch because I had forgotten to tell them. Then we ran over to a friend´s house to lunch at 1pm. There door was closed, so we waited for 15 minutes. Tsutsuy had some things she had to get done on the computer so we are over here biding our time until we check again in a few minutes. Had to buy bread before I starved.

Aaaah, all in a day´s work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home