En Huaraz, Ancash

The "Cordillera Blanca", or the white mountain range (so, there's snow on this one), in Ancash, Peru. In Ancash, there are two ranges, the Cordillera Blanca and the Cordillera Negra (no snow). You can see picturesque views like these from the capital city, Huaraz.
Hey! I'm on my site visit! You know what that means.... I know where I'm going to live for the next two years!!! In San Marcos, Ancash! It's in the Callejon de Conchucos on the other side of the Cordillera Blanca from the main valley, the Callejon de Hualyas. There are currently 12 volunteers in Ancash and when we get here, there will be 17. I think they might be phasing out Ancash so it may be that we are the last five volunteers to go here, and hence the only five left for a year or so at the end of our service. But, who knows, a lot can happen in a year...
We rode up on the overnight bus last night: 11pm to 6am, which is the fastest that anyone is getting to their sites. People going to Piura left around 7pm and are going to get there in the afternoon the next day. Those in Tumbes have even farther to go (the department right next to Ecuador).
We got to a hotel and then slept until 11am and we have been wandering around the capital city, Huaraz for a bit. We are meeting our counterparts tomorrow. Except not mine, she has a health insurance training she just found out about at the hospital. And Tsutsuy's might not come because she doesn't really work for the health post this month because of mayoral elections. This cracks me up.
Ok, hope everything is going well for everyone! Email me or leave comments!!
1 Comments:
Sorry I've been bad at writing. I finally got my computer problems temprarily worked out so I got a blog thing just so that I can leave you comments, because you don't have enough. So I'm catching up and reading all your blogs this weekend while I'm iced in during a winter storm. It's all really interesting and such an amazing experience for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home