In the AZ...

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Brand New Chavin Museum! :)

I finally made it to the Chavin museum! I was at this event in July when the museum was inaugurated by the president of Peru, Alan Garcia. Unfortunately, I didn't have a special invitation so I had to hang out behind police lines with my visiting friends Stephanie and Meghan (see July blogs..) Anyway, they hadn't decided on a price to charge yet in November so it was still free.. (yay!) I didn't know this so when no one was at the entrance I snuck in spy style and hid behind walls for a while. I hope there were security cameras because it was a good show...


A model of the Chavin ruins.

One of the "Cabeza Clavas" (Nailed Heads). The heads represent the transformation from a human head to an animal head.


I don't know the story behind this guy but he has a funny face.



The famous condor. Most of the Chavin culture relics are separate from the ruins because people would take them or break them off from their original places. Luckily, many of the people with relics didn't move far away and many were donated to the Chavin monument.




A carved shell. (Where did they get a shell? They were in the mountains... Whoa....)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home