I´m running out of funny titles for my blog entries
On the 2nd, I went to coordinate my next two months with Marlene, my counterpart. Found out she was definitely on vacation until the fifth. Oh, ok. So, I found the schedule of salidas and started writing them all down. These are when technicians go out into the smaller communities surrounding us and check the height and weight of all kids five and under. Last month I was supposed to go on five salidas and none of them worked out. This makes it hard to know these five communities that I’m supposed to be focusing on and conducting my diagnostic with. So, this time I’m going to be super vigilant about stalking the scheduled technician and confirming several times over that I will be coming along and what time / day I should be there, etc. Well, wandering around town later that day, a technician spotted me and said, “Oh, so are you coming with me to Huacash?” I asked when and she said tomorrow! Well, I hadn’t planned to but she it was there and it was planned out and I asked the meeting time and she is really sweet. So, at 7:30am the next morning we went to Huacash. There are 23 kids five and under in this community and not everyone showed up. (Just so you get an idea of how large these places are.) I played with the kids and talked to the health volunteer about who I am and what I’m doing here.
Then I went home, helped the family move some rocks on the farm so that the pregnant burro could hang out and eat alfalfa, ate lunch, went to the orphanage, went to the high school again to see the director, and went to the municipality to see if they had a calendar of meetings so I could start, well, going to them. This is a bit of an odd request, even in the states, more so with my broken Spanish and being a crazy foreigner. I was informed that this would be ready the next week and there was a meeting tomorrow if I wanted to come at 10am.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home